Advancing the Common Good
We believe that everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
That’s why our work is focused on the building blocks for a good life:
- Education – Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- Income – Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
- Health – Improving the Well-Being of Those in Our Community.
Our goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of these problems. Living united means being a part of the change. It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future. Give. Advocate. Volunteer. LIVE UNITED.
Who We Help
The United Way of West Ellis County seeks to create a positive environment by providing opportunities for all to experience a better life. We support local organizations who advocate the three key building blocks of education, income and health. In 2023, The UWWEC will award over $286,000 in grant funds to 26 area agencies that have a tremendous impact on our community.
2023 UWWEC Partner Agencies:
- American Red Cross
- The Avalon Independent School Summer Recreation Program
- Bridges Training Foundation
- Believing Restoration is Attainable
- Boy Scouts of America
- Boy's & Girls Club of Waxahachie
- Common Ground Ministries
- Eagle Oak Retreat Foundation
- Ellis County 4 H
- Ellis County Children's Advocacy Center
- Ellis County Homeless Coalition
- Harvest Family Life
- Hope Health of Ellis County
- Manna House
- Meals On Wheels
- Mentors Care
- Midlothian Senior Activity Center
- Milford Senior Citizens Center
- The Milford Independent School Summer Recreation Program
- Paws for Reflection Ranch
- Presbyterian Children's Home & Services
- The Heights of Ellis County
- The Salvation Army of Ellis County
- Waxahachie C.A.R.E.
- Waxahachie Senior Activity Center